Thursday, April 14, 2011

what do you do?


I am a collector. My collections become collages. College is a codified story through combinations of clippings. Each clipping has its respective history of where I have been and what I was thinking when I recognized them as valuable. Collage is a way to create a personal logic that I can reference and share even during my most contradictory states. I am a printmaker due to my graphic style, love of reproduction and identification with the radical history of resistance within the medium. Etching copper and zinc, carving wood, and screen-printing come together when I digest my proofs into large-scale narrative collage murals. Each clipping/print functions in its own right. Each is a problem to be solved when layered upon or ripped apart. GSS would fulfill the dire need to continue working in all my desired mediums while being introduced to a community of visual arts lovers in my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment