Monday, April 4, 2011

question

I am privileged to have the space to write what I like
I am thankful to have been able to read what I want,
In this case the words of female theorists gone fiction gave me poetry where I can laugh out loud at the phrases and how true they ring.
Yet taken out of their context, out of the safety of their homes
In the minds of the writer/ reader or the reader on the verge of writing they must wait.
With their feet arched, heels off the floor in the pose of a sprinter they linger.
They listen for the time I can enter them seamlessly into our conversation.
A conversation articulated in talk that will let them float on the weight of their truth.
Float on until these seedlings are grounded with ink on paper or skin, sprouting onto mind or praxis.
Its not just what was said but how and when it was delivered that make truth tangible
My question relates to how can I give, pass on, provide for you the space I have experienced.
or if it is possible
I have felt what it is for the workings of my mind to be valued
I have felt this and given in to its luxury by supporting and challenging to my benefit
at times detriment.  
I want to give this space to you. If you want it too.
I have tired to create this visually and will continue to do so for I still have unpacking to do.
What I articulate is still in the process of clarifying itself.
If I make this space will you be able to come there?
Once we get there will it be a parcel, beneficial to take with us on our separate ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment