Tuesday, February 22, 2011

un-realist ick support

4ft X 8ft collage


 I make to mark
To stand as witness to the births and deaths
witness of those who pass without monuments.
I grieve to give
giving value to what has gone
Forming a headstone of what was once whole
The whole of mother and child
The service of their titles dependent on the existence of the other
one
I make to know
I know I have mourned the loss of my childhood
A passage I killed with self imposed responsibility of care
carefulness needed for the illict and explict

It is through no letting go that our hands have scabbed over
The fear of in grown nails has been banished from your nightmares
as the in from one has become out grown in the other
These nerves ceased to make my knees shake as it moves free form on its own accord satisfyingly snapping the layer of ice
penetrating parts I never cared to know the name of
We grew together
I Made me be

you
An articulation of a need
to leave
to be free
to be rid of her
in order to see me
I did not speak of this decision
That I would be partnered to perch
in the corner of a tree that was named after a mind where a bug eyed man-child knew the weather ahead of time
For now I can see
looking through from where I now was and had wanted to be
to a scene where I cannot find the parts of two that made us three


No comments:

Post a Comment