Monday, December 13, 2010

Ink Illustration

Tangles of Sisterhood
To not compare or compete
I want to hold myself up 
To be honest about how I force us down










My sister and I are nine years apart
    I never thought to ask why
Why the silence surrounding miscarriage?
A loss seems to get lost without paper pushin
 Without birth or death certificates
She still had to bury her fetus in the backyard





This parent shaped my world:
                        I was told that we hold the memory of six generations
           I know little of four and spoke only to one
           She speaks of a father destroyed by war
                        To whom she blames her nerves and the memory of her timid mother









Redistribution:
Pushing through my books
Pressure on my head
Can I translate these words?
The words who have explained the infinite reproduction of discursive ideology? 
And my understanding:
 I am a ventricle
Inside the world inside of me
It not that I particularly mind
For I am interested in indentifying what media forces I use for personality glue
Not to encourage them
But to keep a sharp eye
And use my destructive tendencies
As evidence
For why I wish to actively redistribute economic, social and political power 














I’ve seen behind that paper curtain
Cant Fool me with small talk or warnings of chill touch
I know where your putting those forceps
And what looks like down there too
 







November spawned a monster
                        Who is the antithesis of my praxis                   
I can’t tell
is she beautiful?




Dam Displacement







Contemporary Birth:
With liquid through a catheter
placed inside your epidural space
    There is no mandatory sensation of your child leaving
                        No release of evolutionarily designed chemicals for your heart to ride on
This child will not receive the complementary full body massage as she exits the birth canel
                        For the safety of the mother
                        The need for caesarean exponentially increases







Deindividuation/War/Violence
Warriors experience, if changed
12 of 13 will kill/torture/mutilate
That’s the power of anonymity 




Self Portrait post relief extravaganza
Ink, Graphite
24 X 36 inches

1 comment:

  1. teeming and unable to die.
    only pain and births,any time (now).
    a long awaited reckoning with that which will not wait -- unstoppable and unassuming
    blank on the inside just like you drew it.

    ReplyDelete